Friday, September 15, 2006

New Hampshire-White Mountain National Forest

A couple of hours from Boston to White Mountain National Forest. I headed straight to Mt. Washington to drive up to the top of Mt. Washington. Honestly.. I wanted to get and put the famous bumber sticker says "This car climbed Mt. Washington!" on my car bumber. ha ha... It was the great feeling being up there. Clear air and deep green forest. THAT was what I really wanted. This time was a short one day trip but I want to go back there for a few days or more again. I will go back there for foliage very very soon!!


We started from Lincoln to Twin mountain, route 16, Mt. Washington area, Jackson, Kancamangus Highway back to Lincoln. Lincoln is where the Loon Mountain ski resort is. We went there before with people from work. I believe most of these people are now in Japan.

This is Chris sitting on the rock at the Ellis river. You can often stop the car and enjoy many rivers like this, waterfalls, covered bridges and trails. Chris liks this photo too.

This is a covered bridge in Jackson of route 16. This was the first covered bridge I stopped and actually walked across. It smelled kinda strainge but nice and quiet. Behind this bridge, there was a town of Jackson looked quiet, but pretty place was there. We stopped by a store right behind this bridge and people were very nice there. I will definitely visit there again. I am very excited to explore many of thoses places in New Hampshire! (Well, do you see me in the car and sticking my head and arms!?)

No comments: